Sunday, January 12, 2014

Our Love Story

HIS STORY:
Back in high school, I've been through a lot of heart-aches because I've been rejected so many times (lost my count) of girls that I've tried to court even the ones that I'm not really courting. I vaguely remember my classmate telling me: "Kawawa ka naman pre, hindi ka na yata magkaka-girlfriend. Madadagdagan na naman ang mangbabasted sayo". Let's just say that I was already numb to the feeling of rejection, so I continued to hunt for that missing piece in my life. My friend and I always sit near the entrance door of the main hall of our school during breaks. That place became my scouting ground. I've listed a number of my prospects and then we do our research - names, addresses, contact numbers, relationship status, etc. During one of our scouting moment, a thin, white complexion, short hair, with big round eyes, wearing a killer smile walked in front of us. I remember telling my friend, "Pre, parang bumagal yung ikot ng mundo ah. Sino yun?". Then my friend told me that she was a third-year student running for a position in the student council. Since she was sort of a public-figure, it was not hard to find information about her and I even got her home phone number by sneaking behind our teacher's back and peeked on her student records. And so the love-letter writing, gift-giving, and phone calling started. It took me several months of doing this method of courting before I got the chance to ride with her in a tricycle going home from school. And then on April 3, 2000, on one of our usual phone conversations, she finally said "YES" when I asked her if she will be my girlfriend.

Throughout our 13-year relationship, like a normal couple, we also had our ups and downs. But one thing that I'm very proud of, is that we never had a so called "break up". I think the bond that kept us together is the fact that we are both Christians and we attend the same church. She became not only my lover, but also a friend, a confidant, a travel buddy, and most of all, a prayer partner. I believe, Jen is God's will for me.

HER STORY:

I remember back in high school, Jay’s classmate always corners me in the corridor to give me stuffed-toys and love letters. Almost every day during our Asian History class, Jay’s friends will knock at our classroom and will deliver gifts like message in a bottle, stuffed-toys, flowers, chocolates etc. I can say he’s a very generous and patient manliligaw hehehe. He will call me at our land line despite of the long distance charges! (I’m living in Valenzuela and Jay is residing at Meycauayan Bulacan). I’m such a naughty girl, I made Jay do difficult things in my favor, things I don’t want to recall because it makes me think how bad I am during those days  (evil laugh). As nililigawan, I have my simple qualifications, he should be a
  • Christian (no need for a Bible geek, a God-fearing person will do)
  • Intelligent (no need to be an honor student, 90% average is ok, just kidding)
  • Kind, faithful and loving (NO MORE, NO LESS)
Jay easily passed my first and second qualifications. But it took time for him to prove my third criteria. I just found myself enjoying his stories, loving his company and missing him whenever he did not make ‘paramdam.’ He became my inspiration and my avid supporter in all my school activities and projects from high school to college. He is my travel buddy, my eating chum, my shopping pal, my movie mate and most especially my prayer partner. Jay, he is God’s will for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment